Fleet Week 2017
During San Francisco Fleet Week 2017, The San Francisco Center for Humanitarian Assistance will provide programs designed to help the Bay Area and the nation to better prepare for, respond to and recover from natural and man-made disasters. The Center is the nation’s leading resource for joint military and civilian training, education, and thought leadership programs to support humanitarian missions.
The Center for Humanitarian Assistance 2017 Program includes:
- The Humanitarian Village– On the Marina Green during the Air Show, military and civilian first responders exhibit and demonstrate humanitarian assistance and disaster response resources such as field hospitals, water purification systems and command vehicles.
- The K9 Heroes Program – Military, police, search & rescue and fire dogs demonstrate their talents in saving lives while post-traumatic stress therapy dogs show how their love and guidance assist veterans returning from war.
Closed Events (invitation only)
- Joint Military/Civilian Exercise – A live exercise where civilian and military teams practice supply and logistics plans and procedures in a post-disaster environment.
- The Seventh Annual Senior Leader Summit – Military and civilian leaders attend a series of lectures, panel discussions and workshops on best practices in disaster response.
- Urban Search and Rescue Training – Led by the San Francisco Fire Department, small unit leaders from the Navy and Marine Corps learn the basics for finding and rescuing people in collapsed building environments.
- Veterans Summit and Career Expo – The Center provides post military career resources as well as best practices in hiring and retaining veterans.
Check out www.fleetweeksf.org for information on the myriad of public events, including the Blue Angels performance.